Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 10:03 PM MST on November 26, 2015, expires at: 8:00 AM MST on November 27, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 8 am MST Friday...
- location...the Sangre de Cristo Range...Wet Mountains...Wet Mountain Valley...and Spanish Peaks region.
- Cause and timing...a winter storm will move across the region through Friday with periods of moderate snow continuing through early Friday. The heaviest snowfall is expected to occur into tonight.
- Snow accumulation...6 to 10 inches...with local snow amounts to 12 inches possible.
- Impact...roads will become icy and snow covered. Low visibilities and icy roads will make for hazardous Holiday travel conditions. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Strong winds and reduced visibility are expected due to heavy snowfall and blowing snow. Avoid travel in the warning area. If you are planning to travel in the warning area during the time of the warning...listen to the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by another Route. If you must travel in the warning area during the time of the warning...take along a winter survival kit. If you become stranded in a rural area...stay with your vehicle until help arrives. To keep warm in your vehicle...run your engine 10 minutes each hour...and make sure the exhaust pipe is clear of snow to avoid Carbon monoxide poisoning. Sr