Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:22 am MDT on April 26, 2015, expires at: 12:00 PM MDT on April 27, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 8 PM this evening to noon MDT Monday... The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from 8 PM this evening to noon MDT Monday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
- Location...Huerfano and western Las Animas County below 7500 feet.
- Cause and timing...snow will be dependent on elevations. Areas generally below 6000 feet will likely not see any snow with this storm. Rain will likely mix with and change to snow above 6000 feet this evening. The heavier accumulations will occur generally above 7000 feet.
- Snow accumulation...heaviest accumulations around 6 inches at the higher elevations.
- Wind...northeast to east at 15 to 25 mph.
- Impact...travel will likely become hazardous due to heavy snow...poor visibilities and snow covered roads. Precautionary/preparedness actions... If you are planning to travel in the advisory area during the time of the advisory...listen to the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by another Route. Hodanish