Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 11:57 am MDT on April 27, 2015, expires at: 2:00 PM MDT on April 27, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning now in effect until 2 PM MDT this afternoon...
- location...the southern Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
- Cause and timing...the remnants of a strong Spring storm system will continue to produce locally heavy snow across the southern Sangre de Cristo Mountains through early afternoon...particularly along the east facing slopes.
- Snow accumulation...an additional 1 to 3 inches will be possible through early afternoon...with the heaviest falling above 8500 feet.
- Wind...northeast 15 to 25 mph.
- Impact...travel will remain hazardous over the higher elevations due to heavy snow...poor visibilities and slushy...snow covered roads. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Avoid travel in the warning area. If you are planning to travel in the warning area during the time of the warning...listen to the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by another Route. If you must travel in the warning area during the time of the warning...take along a winter survival kit. If you become stranded in a rural area...stay with your vehicle until help arrives. To keep warm in your vehicle...run your engine 10 minutes each hour...and make sure the exhaust pipe is clear of snow to avoid Carbon monoxide poisoning.