Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:50 PM MST on November 25, 2015, expires at: 8:00 AM MST on November 27, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 11 PM this evening to 8 am MST Friday...
- location...the Pikes Peak region...the Wet Mountains and Wet Mountain Valley...the Sangre de Cristo Range and Spanish Peaks region.
- Cause and timing...a winter storm will slowly develop and move across the region. Periods of light to moderate snow...which could start as rain or freezing rain for elevations below 9000 feet...will develop tonight and continue through early Friday. The heaviest precipitation will occur Thursday night.
- Snow accumulation...four to eight inches...with local amounts to ten inches over east facing slopes.
- Impact...roads will become icy and snow covered. Low visibilities and icy roads will make for hazardous Holiday travel conditions...especially Thursday night into Friday morning. Precautionary/preparedness actions... If you are planning to travel in the advisory area during the time of the advisory...listen to the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by another Route.