Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:22 am MDT on April 26, 2015, expires at: 12:00 PM MDT on April 27, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to noon MDT Monday... The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to noon MDT Monday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
- Location...northwestern Fremont County above 8500 feet. The Wet Mountain Valley below 8500 feet. Teller County/Rampart Range above 7500 feet and Pikes Peak between 7500 and 11000 feet.
- Cause and timing...a strong Spring storm will affect the region today and tonight.
- Snow accumulation...generally 4 to 10 inches. For the Teller County/far western El Paso County regions...the heavies snow will fall on the eastern slopes of the Rampart Range and Pikes Peak...with lesser amounts across western Teller County.
- Wind...northeast to east at 15 to 25 mph.
- Impact...travel will likely become hazardous due to snow...poor visibilities and snow covered roads. Precautionary/preparedness actions... If you are planning to travel in the advisory area during the time of the advisory...listen to the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by another Route.