Date: May 28, 2014
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Position: Part Time Administrative Assistant
Job Purpose and Objective
To be the first point of contact for visitors and clients, handle switchboard calls and activity in the lobby, direct people to employees and answer questions as needed. Assist other departments as assigned.
- Relieve receptionist for morning and afternoon breaks, daily lunch hours and as needed for vacations and absences.
- Answer incoming calls to the switchboard and direct to the appropriate person.
- Monitor personnel in and out of buildings.
- Taking news tips / complaints / stories. Respond to viewers and listeners comments and concerns.
- Greet visitors; check in interviews and client appointments.
- Accept or direct deliveries of USPS, FedEx, UPS daily delivery and sorting. Maintain delivery log to include tapes, prizes, etc.
- Ordering supplies.
- Daily Check/Credit Card Deposits.
- Assist with reconciliation of accounts, accounts receivable discrepancy transmittal, month-end preparation and filing.
- 10 day letters.
- AP Invoices / Expense Reports.
- Petty Cash.
- Use Tax.
- Filing, scanning, copying.
- 1099 Tax Forms / W-9 Tax Forms.
- Check Requests.
- Billing & Coding.
- PTO (Paid Time Off) requests.
- News ticker for elections and/or breaking news.
- Award submissions.
- FCC Quarterly Reports.
- Assist with contest database, possible voice work.
- Public files.
- Metro Traffic Logs.
- Prize Winner Logs.
- Noon Interview Calendar.
High school diploma.
Some office/receptionist experience.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Strong customer service and communications skills.
Attention to detail.
Punctual, dependable and reliable attendance.
Ability to prioritize tasks.
Ability to work with multiple managerial employees.
Other Items to Consider
- This job requires sitting, standing, walking, some bending.
- Working conditions: Many interruptions.
- Confidentiality: YES
- Pre-employment Drug Test and Background Check is required.
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS
KRDO NewsChannel 13 is an Equal Opportunity Employer