Apartment fire displaces Greeley residents
Greeley officials say five residents of an apartment complex were forced to leave their home and one man was injured because of a fire that was caused by people cooking on Christmas Eve.
The Greeley Fire Department says the fire started Monday afternoon when a gas line in one of the kitchens broke when residents pulled their oven away from the wall. The four units of the apartment complex had heavy smoke damage. The Red Cross is helping displaced residents.
The man who was injured was treated for burns at North Colorado Medical Center.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.