Date: June 12, 2014
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Position: Broadcast Engineer
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a great news market in a beautiful setting, here’s your chance. Our staff covers stories that receive national attention.
KRDO-TV, the ABC affiliate in Colorado Springs, is the winner of the past 2 Regional Murrow Awards for Overall Excellence. We are seeking an aggressive, highly motivated and skilled Broadcast Engineer to join our staff.
Works under the supervision of the Chief Engineer in maintaining all technical equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work under the Chief Engineer in handling operational emergencies as needed and assist in technical projects.
- Assist Chief Engineer in designing and maintaining control room, master control and related IT network.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing all types of equipment (routing switchers, editing systems, broadcast IT systems, transmitter, microwave links etc) as directed by the Chief Engineer.
- Work under Chief Engineer to maintain all equipment necessary to ensure our broadcast signals are coming through clearly to those in our viewing areas.
- Responsible for building maintenance including organizing and ordering supplies as well as controlling inventory.
- Troubleshoot and maintain control room and master control equipment.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with FCC and FAA rules.
- Troubleshoot problems and maintain the stations computer network.
- Must be available on an on-call basis and carry a cell phone – 24 hrs per day, 7 days per week
- Will serve as a back-up for Chief Engineer when needed.
- Must have at least 2 years of technical electronics school or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in electronic/mechanical repair or equivalent work experience required.
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Windows and MS Office products.
- Must be competent in the use of electronic test equipment, and hand tools.
- Strong background in quality control and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Computers, Pc’s LAN/WAN, IP switchers, IP network wiring and configuration, Windows related software and networks.
- Must have working knowledge with broadcast and newsroom operations.
- Must be familiar with ENPS, Chyron and Harris NEXIO and Velocity nonlinear edit systems.
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and handle numerous time-sensitive issues on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 Lbs, stoop, crouch, or work on ladders up to 20 feet in height and on high rooftops.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Drivers License.
Please send resumes/demo tapes to:
KRDO NewsChannel 13
Attn: Human Resources
399 S. 8th Street
Colorado Springs, CO. 80905
Fax (719) 575-6327
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS
KRDO NewsChannel 13 is an Equal Opportunity Employer