Driver’s license services will be unavailable throughout the state this weekend, until Tuesday, Feb. 21, as systems are upgraded.
Citizens needing any driver’s license services before, or during, the upgrade are encouraged to have them handled before 3 p.m. today.
Driver’s license services include the following;
- Driver's license renewals or replacements
- Driver's license transfers
- Change of address updates
- Change in emergency contact information
- Colorado ID card renewals
- Obtaining a copy of a driving record
All other motor vehicle services normally offered through the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office will be available.
The upgrades are part of a statewide initiative by the Colorado Department of Revenue to update aging motor vehicle systems. The last overhaul of the driver’s license system was completed in 1992.