Colorado Springs

CSFD: Careless smoking causes 3 structure fires

COLORADO SPRINGS - Smokers not properly disposing of their cigarettes caused three structure fires over the weekend, according to the Colorado Springs Fire Department.  

The Fire Department is asking that people be cautious when smoking outside and be sure to use an ash tray or a metal can.

"A careless butt discarded in vegetation, potted plants, landscaping, peat moss, mulch, or other similar items—can smolder and easily catch fire and endanger lives and property as in the three fires this weekend," CSFD said in a press release on Monday. 


For more smoking safety information: http://www.nfpa.org/public-education/by-topic/top-causes-of-fire/smoking
 


comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • Matt's Monday Evening Forecast 5/29/17
  • ONLY ON 13: Touring B-17 makes memories for Colorado Springs family
  • Marty's Sunday Morning Forecast - 5/28/17
  • CDOT responds to safety complaints along U.S. 24