COLORADO SPRINGS - The Colorado Springs Fire Department says the incident where a man was severely burned outside the Candlewood Apartments was an accident.
Rescue crews were called to the area of Van Teylingen Drive at around 2 a.m. on Wednesday.
When they arrived, they found the victim engulfed in flames next to his car.
On Thursday, CSFD said the man had run out of gas and was getting gas for the vehicle when he caught fire.
No other details were released about how the fire started.
The victim's condition is unknown.