Colorado Springs

Death from Mt. Washington Ave. fire ruled as suicide

COLORADO SPRINGS - The El Paso County Coroner’s Office announced on Tuesday that the 32-year-old who died from a fire off Mt. Washington Ave. on January 15 killed himself by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Giovanni Ameneiro, 32, was rescued from his residence in the 2000 block of Mount Washington Avenue on January 15.

Crews responded to the home at around 3:20 p.m., where they were quickly able to extinguish the flames.

Ameneiro was taken to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries.

The coroner ruled the death as a suicide on January 17.

comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • Why Cant We Fix That Train Horn Quiet Zone
  • WATCH: Burglary ring busted in Colorado Springs
  • Yearlong geology study starts in Colorado Springs
  • T-Rex wrecked by electrical fire at Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience
  • Five counties plan for wildfires in wake of dry weather