COLORADO SPRINGS - A basement fire forced a family of six out of their home in Colorado Springs on Tuesday afternoon.
The Colorado Springs Fire Department responded to a home in the 2900 block of Cabrillo Circle at around 2:15 p.m. They had gotten a call from one of the homeowners stating that there was a fire in the basement.
Crews quickly extinguished the flames, however, it left a hole in the floor of one of the main rooms in the home.
Luckily, no one was inside when the fire started. The children were at school and the other homeowner was at work.
The family will not be able to stay in their home until all of the smoke clears.
Captain Vaughan with the Colorado Springs Fire Department says there were no working smoke alarms inside the home and asks the public to make sure and keep those up-to-date.