Colorado Springs

Lightning strike causes fire at COS home, people evacuated

COLORADO SPRINGS - A lightning strike caused an attic fire at a Colorado Springs home on Thursday. 

The two people who live inside the home located in the 3600 block of Saddle Rock Road were evacuated. 

CSFD told KRDO NewsChannel 13 that the fire was contained to the attic and quickly extinguished. 

The homeowner said that he was notified by a neighbor that smoke was coming out of his roof. That's when he called the Fire Department. 

No injuries were reported. 


 


comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • Pueblo teachers protest outside school board meeting call out of school
  • WATCH: Rep. Doug Lamborn ruled ineligible for ballot due to petition issue
  • -5 million to repair fire damage at Colorado Springs Airport
  • Accused Nashville shooter has Colorado ties
  • Fallen Sheriff Deputys family surprised with yard makeover