U.S. AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. - An Air Force Academy cadet was in the hot seat on Wednesday morning as he accused of sexual assault charges from an incident that allegedly occurred in 2015.
An Article 32 hearing was held for Cadet 1st Class Steven R. Fox at 8:30 a.m.
The prosecution claimed that Fox invited the victim to a dance at the Academy, and instead of taking him to that dance, Fox forced him to stay in his dorm where he sexually assaulted him. The victim yelled for him to stop, according to the prosecution.
The Prosecution also said that Fox rubbed his genitals against the victim's leg while the victim was asleep.
The Defense fought these claims, stating that Fox did ask for consent. It was also said that the victim and Fox had been on multiple dates before these incidents occurred where the two would consensually undress without engaging in sex.
What happens now:
Now that the Prosecution and the Defense have both made their arguments, the hearing officer will bring the statements to the commandant of the cadets to make a decision on whether the case will be referred to a court-martial.
This is the second scandal surrounding the Air Force Academy for the month of September.
Ex-Cadet 1st Class Jacob Cook was sentenced to two and a half years in prison and was kicked out of the Academy for child pornography charges on September 12.