COLORADO SPRINGS - Police have arrested a 32-year-old for a series of bank robberies that took place in the Colorado Springs and Monument area over the month of September.
The Colorado Springs Police Department says Joshua George Brown started his crime spree on September 7 at the US Bank off Hartsel Drive.
He would present demand notes to the clerk demanding money. CSPD did not state whether a weapon was ever involved.
Police say the following banks were involved in his scheme:
- September 7- U.S. Bank at 3525 Hartsel Drive
- September 14- Academy Bank at 1 S. Tejon Street
- September 17- US Bank at 9255 N Union Boulevard
- September 22- Attempted to rob the US Bank at 815 Cheyenne Meadows Road
- September 22- Attempted to rob Academy Bank at 3201 E. Platte Avenue
- September 23- Attempted to rob TCF Bank at 2870 New Center Pointe
- September 23- US Bank at 815 Cheyenne Meadows Road
- September 24- US Bank at 1070 Baptist Road
- September 25- TCF Bank at 7239 N Academy Boulevard
- September 25- Attempted to rob Wells Fargo at 5190 N Academy Boulevard
- September 25- Attempted to rob TCF Bank at 4430 N Academy Boulevard
Brown was arrested on Wednesday in Monument near the intersection of Jackson Creek Parkway and Baptist Road.