PEYTON, Colo. - Students at Falcon High School were sent home on Thursday morning due to a strange odor.
All students and staff were taken to the Falcon High School football stadium on the east side of campus as a safety precaution and so parents would have a place to pick up their kids.
It was originally suspected to be a gas leak, but fire crews were never able to identify the cause of the smell.
At around 12:30 p.m., the building was cleared and was deemed safe to enter.
A number of students that remained on campus on Thursday afternoon awaiting pick up or bus transportation were allowed into their fifth-period classrooms to retrieve their belongings. Those students entered classrooms one at a time with a staff member present and were only allowed to get their individual belongings.
Classes will resume Friday, August 18 at 8:50 a.m. Students will begin the day in fifth period. A modified schedule for Friday will be posted on the school’s website.