A new grant is available for local businesses in Manitou Springs affected by last summer's flooding.
Pikes Peak United Way announced Monday (5/19/14) the creation of the Manitou Springs Small Business Flood Recovery Fund. Funding from the $100,000 grant is available to businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Have been based in Manitou Springs prior to September 2013
- Employ more than two, but less than 100 employees
- Operated as a viable business for at least six months prior to September 2013, as demonstrated by financial statements and references
- Maintain a current status on state and federal taxes, and is in good standing in Colorado and the state of formation, if different
- Demonstrate impact by the flood and the need for assistance in order for business to return to viability
Businesses applying for funding from the grant must submit applications by Friday, June 6 at 5 p.m.
Applications can be mailed to:
Pikes Peak United Way
Attn: Manitou Springs Small Business Flood Recovery Fund
518 North Nevada Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-1106
The grant is funded through United Ways of Colorado, and is supported by the governor's office.