COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -

It was a bit of a scare for residents in the Black Forest this afternoon (7/4/14).

A garage fire broke out at a home on Wildridge Road, but firefighters were quick to respond. The flames were contained to a detached garage and crews were able to put it out before it spread to any other buildings. Fire crews believe lightning sparked the fire. 

"It's very common for these sudden thunderstorms in the front range to pop a lot of lightning in our area. That's a big concern both for fires and for people's safety who are playing outside and might be hit by lightning," said Kathy Russell with Black Fire Forest and Rescue.

No one was injured during the fire. The garage is total loss.