Local News

9 hospitalized after chemical leak at restaurant

LONGMONT, Colo. -  Nine people were treated at a hospital for respiratory symptoms after they were exposed to an apparent refrigerant leak at a Longmont restaurant.

At least two dozen employees and customers at the Oskar Blues restaurant reported they were exposed to the chemical at about 12:40 p.m. Sunday. KMGH-TV in Denver reports other employees and patrons were being decontaminated and evaluated at the scene.

Early readings from HAZMAT equipment indicated a possible refrigerant leak.

The restaurant will be closed until the source can be found and the leak repaired.


comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • Safety of U.S. 24 between Colorado Springs, Calhan questioned
  • Sky Sox pull off rare feat - A triple play
  • WATCH: Constructing the Thunderbirds show
  • Tonight at 10: Inside the Thunderbirds Airshow