COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Restoring Hope Church caught on fire shortly after 4 a.m. Saturday.
It happened at the 400 block of Pikes Peak Ave.
Colorado Springs firefighters said that someone was inside the church at the time but they were able to rescue the man. He made it out safely. The person was taken to a nearby hospital but is expected to be okay.
A firefighter was injured in the fire and was taken to Memorial Hospital. He is also expected to be okay.
The pastor said old electrical wires sparked the blaze. The building will need major repairs, and services won't be held there for some time.
Members of the church had moved services to the location only about a week ago. Sunday Nov 11, was supposed to be their grand opening.
Parishioners looking for information regarding services can go to the church's website.
Seven fire engines, four fire trucks and more than 60 firefighters battled the blaze.