COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Colorado Springs Fire Department says a man died in a house fire near I-25 and Fillmore Tuesday night (12/10/13.)
The fire at 2512 Tremont Street was reported at 5:46 p.m.
When firefighters arrived, they found a fire burning in the basement and on the first floor of the home.
Firefighters also found a man inside the home who was suffering from burns. The unidentified man was taken to a local hospital before being flown to a hospital in Denver where he died.
The cause of the fire was accidental and was due to the use of a flammable liquid to start a fire in the fireplace. The fire got out of control. This is the second fire fatality of 2013.
It is estimated that $40,800 in property was lost and an estimated $21,505 in property was saved from the fire.
Firefighters say you should never use flammable liquids to ignite a fire within a fireplace or wood stove.