Local News

Drugs mistakenly linked to Colorado Springs hotel

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Colorado Springs Fire Department said what was called in as a possible meth lab turned out to be water bottles.

It happened at the Days Inn located near on Razorback Road near the Chapel Hills Mall.

According to our crew at the scene, an employee found something suspicious in a room when he went to check on complaints of a loud dog. According to the fire department, that employee found more than one propane-like tank inside the room.

About two hours after firefighters arrived, they told KRDO Newschannel 13 that the tanks simply contained water.

It appears the guests staying in the room left without paying and left their dog, according to the Colorado Springs Fire Department.

comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • Tonight at 10: A Thunderbird pilot's survival story
  • WATCH: USAFA Class of 2017 Hat Toss
  • USAFA Class of 2017 Graduation - 12 p.m. coverage
  • USAFA graduation preview