Local News

Electrical problem blamed for overnight house fire

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Colorado Springs Fire Department says a house fire that displaced one person started accidentally.

The fire was reported just after 11 p.m. on the evening of October 15, 2013, at a home in the 200 block of North 23rd St.

Firefighters say the person living there smelled smoke on the second floor and called for help.

Firefighters say the fire started on the roof.

It took crews about two hours to get the fire under control because of the style of the home.  Firefighters say the Victorian home had multiple hidden spaces in the roof for fire to hide.

The cause of the fire was traced to an electrical problem. The fire has been ruled accidental.

comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • Abby's Early Thursday Forecast
  • Shooting investigation closes major Colorado Springs intersection
  • ONLY ON 13: Thunderbird pilot talks about 2016 crash in Colorado Springs
  • Manitou Incline repairs await federal money