Local News

Firefighters say microwave responsible for coffee shop fire

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Colorado Springs Fire Department responded to a fire at The Perk Downtown Friday morning (1/24/14).

Tejon St. was closed in both directions at Colorado Ave. while crews worked to put the fire out.

CSFD tweeted that crews found the source of the fire came from a microwave. They worked to ventilate the main and second floors.

No injuries were reported.


comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • Marty's Sunday Morning Forecast - 3/26/17
  • Coffee with a Cop event building bridges between community, police
  • Pikes Peak Community College students help with taxes
  • WATCH: 5 mountain lions caught on camera in Beulah