DENVER - A hash oil explosion may be to blame for another fire in the Denver area.
Denver Fire Capt. David Borelli told KUSA-TV that cans of butane and other components used to make hash oil were found at home where a fire broke out early Monday.
On Saturday night, a Littleton man was hospitalized after he and his girlfriend caused an explosion while making hash oil in their townhome.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says an 8-month old child and a 3-year-old child were in the home at the time of Saturday night's explosion. The couple could face charges of child abuse and arson.
The process of making hash oil is dangerous and has caused several similar explosions in Colorado and around the country.