Local News

Police: Man attempting to make hash oil causes explosion

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Colorado Springs police say an explosion at an apartment complex was caused by a man attempting to make hash oil with a butane torch.

The explosion happened Saturday night at the Grandview Apartments complex on E. Pikes Peak Ave.

One apartment sustained significant damage from the blast. No one in other apartments in the building were injured. The man who was trying to make hash oil suffered minor injuries.

Police are still investigating, and no arrests have been made.

CSPD, CSFD and the CSFD Arson Investigations Unit are working together on the investigation.


comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • WATCH: Agency: Improper wait list used for vets mental health care at Colorado facility
  • Thursday Night Forecast 11-16-17
  • Help coming for evicted tenants at Emerald Towers in Colorado Springs
  • CSU-Pueblo still playing football and are in the playoffs