THORNTON, Colo. - Thornton authorities say a June house explosion was an act of suicide.
The Thornton Police and Fire investigation announced Thursday that 59-year-old Gary Lee Pine detached the natural gas line to the furnace. His action caused the home to fill with natural gas, which resulted in the eventual ignition and subsequent explosion of the home.
The June 19 explosion left debris on surrounding trees and rooftops across two square blocks in the northern Denver suburb.
She says three people lived in the house, and two were at work at the time of the explosion. No one else was injured.