COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Marian House Soup Kitchen in Colorado Springs is gearing up for Thanksgiving and says it needs 600 turkeys and all the fixings.
Half of the turkeys will be served at the Marian House or delivered to outlying food pantries. The other 300 turkeys will be packed into boxes and delivered to needy families.
The Thanksgiving food boxes will ensure a traditional Thanksgiving meal for struggling families who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford one.
In addition to turkey donations, the Marian House is asking for the following items:
- Packaged stuffing/dressing mixes
- Instant potatoes - large and small packages
- Canned yams - large and small cans
- Gravy - packets or jars
- Canned vegetables - green beans, corns, assorted
- French fried onions
- Mushroom soup
- Canned fruit
- Pumpkin pie mix
- Pie shells - not the frozen kind
- Reddi-wip - in cans
- Pillsbury canisters of rolls / biscuits / crescent rolls
Donations can be dropped off at 14 w. Bijou Street, Monday through Saturday, between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. The donation dock is located on the west side of the building.
Anyone with questions may call the Marian House at 719-636-2345.