People/businesses offer help to fire victims
Several businesses and people are offering help to victims of the Black Forest Fire.
1) Scales & Tails 6902 N. Academy 719-598-0526
Taking reptiles, boarding fees waived.
3) Pet Pantry & Dog Wash Union & Academy 719-629-9274
Anyone in smoky areas or evacuated areas can wash their dogs for free.
4) Sunrise Kennels 719-598-8220 Woodmen Kennels 719-598-4154
Accepting dogs or cats.
5) Happy Homes Pet Grooming 2330 Vickers Dr. 719-593-1012
7) Flying W Ranch 719-499-2324
Stables available for horses.
8) Bek Wyzykowski 719-592-1700
Offering one free week of childcare.
9) Aavondale Pet Care Center 719-683-4617
Free kennel boarding for evacuees. 40 acres available.
10) Mark Bowers 719-494-4973
Can help move horses.
11) Esab 719-310-5708 Stetson Hills
Lot offered for boats and rvs to park.
12) Jim 719-660-6060 11 miles east of Falcon
Shelter offered for big animals.
13) Elbert Co. Fairgrounds 95 Ute Ave., Kiowa 303-718-3343
Accepting evacuated livestock.
14) Phur Season First Pet Spa & Boutique And Timberview Animal Hospital 719-488-6587
Small pet shelter.
15) Clarion Hotel Rooms available, special rates. Free breakfast. Call 719-471-8680.
16) American Storage 6740 Vincent Dr. 719-265-9999
Offering specials for evacuees.
17) Alan Brass 8730 Volmer place 492-8670
Offering Free Storage
18) Kathy Rader 719-502-1554
Can take in large animals and horses
19) Amy Giegerich 11130 North Ellicott Highway 719-304-9317
Can take Large Animals & RVs
20) Stephanie Fernyak 685-1177 www.bearcreekvet.com
Room for 8 cats and 6 dogs at veterinary hospital just south of Cimarron Street (Hwy 24) and just west of I-25. Please call to check availability. There is no charge, and they will keep your pet as long as the evacuation lasts.
21) John at 719-314-7533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Able to take large animals and horses (free - you provide care and feed). Also parking for RV – no hook-ups though. 7 miles SE of evacuation zone.
22) Pet Pantry 629-9274
Free dog washes for evacuated dogs 5148 N Academy Blvd.
23) Colorado K-9 Acres. 4625 Slocum Road in Falcon. Can take small animals like dogs, chickens, goats. Two 30 amp RV hookups available on 40 acres. Please call ahead. Sharyn: 719-683-8640
24) Florence Eagles, 117 S. Petroleum Avenue, accepting food and money donations for firefighters on the Royal Gorge Fire.
25) Soaring Eagles Ranch, Calhan, 26261 Judge Orr Road. Can house horses, livestock, RV's. Call 557-1738 or 683-8718.
26) Ed Kovitz & Associates is offering free storage and free parking. The address is 18005 E. U.S. 24. Call 648-9285.
27) Quality suites. Special rates. Free breakfast. 314 W Bijou St, Colorado Springs. 719-471-8681.
28) Hotel Elegante. I-25 & Circle. $75 a night for the next 6 nights. 719-576-5900
29) 40 acres at 11130 N. Ellicott Highway. Can house horses and RV's. Call Amy at 719-304-9317
30) 40 acres. Can take a few people, store RV's and house livestock. Call Jeff at
719-964-4912. Leave a message and he'll get back to you.
31) Colorado Springs Dodge accepting donations for Care & Share at 7455 Austin Bluffs Parkway between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
32) Colorado Springs Rescue Mission, 1 W. Las Vegas Street, Donations of clothes and toiletries accepted for fire victims.
33) Chapel Hills Mall accepting food donations for care and share until 7 p.m. Thursday at the entrance west of Dick's sporting goods.
34) McCloskey Imports (6710 N. Academy Blvd.) and McCloskey Truck Town (5515 N. Academy Blvd.) accepting donations for Care and Share.
35) Falcon Property Solutions, LLC. - Able to help fire victims find housing. Call 719-323-6501.
36) Scott Mattela is in the prevacuation zone near Gleneagle and I-25 but says he wants to help families that are evacuated so they can be close to their home when evacuations are lifted. If you have a family in need of a place to stay call (719) 964-0576.
37) Marissa Hulsey - Can house large or small outdoor animals. Barn, stall, pasture space available at no charge. You will need to provide feed. e-mail email@example.com or call 719-229-3996.
38) Nellie Denoon - Silverhouse Bed and Breakfast. 355 S. 2nd Street, Cripple Creek. 5 rooms, 2 people per room free of charge for evacuees. Call 719-689-5558 for more information.
39) Julee Wurtzel 719-510-8631 Home and pasture for animals
40) Blue Spruce Caboose Inn, Cascade 719-684-7795 Have guest rooms and spaces for motor homes - flexible rates
41) American Made Film and Meida 1414 N. Academy 573-8024 8am - 6pm Offering a place for you to store your photos, video
41) Marty Ross 2145 South Baney Road 719-683-8040 Can store RVs Campers, Boats, Motorcycles
42) Speak Easy Bake Lounge 208 East Bijou Opening Up space for evacuees they are Marijuana Friendly. 719-445-9083
43) Wilson 804-420-8897 Willing has at truck with a hitch to help transport animals.
44) Michael Bartmess 2865 Hunters Glen Road, Monument. Willing to to take evacuated family and can take large dogs.
45) Silver House Bed & Breakfast, Cripple Creek. 5 free rooms. Couples only. No kids. 689-5558.
46) Travelers Uptown Motel. 220 E. Cimarron. Special rates for evacuees. 719-473-2774.
47) Golden Eagle campground. About 30 miles away from Black Forest off of south Highway 115. Discount to evacuees. 719-576-0450.
48) Julee Wurtzel. Home and pasture for animals. 719-510-8631.
49) Ramada Hotel. Platte & Murray in Colorado Springs. Evacuee rates $69. Pets allowed. 719-596-7660. Hotel can give evacuees a ride from evac center if needed.
50) Microtel Inn and Suites. 2 locations. $74.99 for all evacuees, plus pet fees waived.
51) Best Western. $84.99 for evacuees, no pet fees.
52) Quality Inn & Suites. Garden of the Gods Road. Limited discounted rooms available for evacuees. 719-593-9119.
53) Scott & Destiny. Can house 2 families. 719-452-0290.
54) TGI Fridays at Woodmen and I-25. Lunch available for first responders on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.
55) Hotel Elegante. 2886 S. Circle Drive. Pet Friendly, $75.00 rate. 719-576-5900.
56) Satellite Hotel at airport and academy. 40 rooms available. Single room $58.10 double room $67.97. Small animals will be allowed for evacuees. 719-596-6800.
57) Circle F Feed & Supply. Offering discounted animal feed and supplies for displaced pets or anyone who wants to buy supplies to donate. 115 Garden of the Gods Road (719-599-5100) or 711 N. Union Boulevard (719-578-0666).
58) Mountain Springs Church / High Plains Helping Hands Food Pantry. Offering assistance to displaced victims of the Black Forest Fire. Aid will be offered daily at 7345 Adventure Way (east of Black Forest Road and Woodmen) from Tuesday through Sunday to distribute food items, hygiene products, pet food, salvage and recovery tools and more. Please visit www.mountainsprings.org for details and times for the distribution.