Date: May 7, 2014
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Position: Photographer / Editor – Colorado Springs
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a great news market in a beautiful setting, here’s your chance. Our staff covers stories that receive national attention.
KRDO-TV, the ABC affiliate in Colorado Springs, is the winner of the past 2 Regional Murrow Awards for Overall Excellence. We are seeking an aggressive, highly motivated and skilled to join our staff. Colorado Springs is just an hour away from Denver and it is very common for people to make a major market jump from KRDO-TV.
KRDO, the ABC affiliate in Colorado Springs has an immediate opening for an energetic and enterprising news photographer to shoot compelling video for fast paced news broadcasts and will be required to edit entire newscasts matching video to scripts. Must be able to work in a pressured and very competitive environment. Creative editing and live production experience required. Must be flexible in schedule and be able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Care and maintenance of cameras and cars to maximize and reporting to engineering any malfunctioning equipment as soon as the problem occurs.
· Acts as reporter at local news location when no reporter is assigned. Gathers information, takes notes as necessary or insures that basic information is on tape and relayed to the newscast producer.
· Looks for and takes opportunities to capture compelling pictures and communicates with producers and reporters to make sure that the best pictures are taken and then used in telling stories.
· Wears station logo shirts, drives station logo vehicles and must represent station in positive manner to viewers. This includes responsible and polite driving habits, professional appearance and professional behavior “in the field” where news is gathered.
· Works with reporter as a team to get the best possible video to tell each story with accuracy and maximum impact.
· Edits stories as assigned in professional manner.
· Looks for newsworthy people and events, listens to police scanners and monitors other news sources while traveling on duty and reports to Assignment Editor or Producer.
· Makes news dubs for viewers and station management as requested.
· Fuels and washes vehicles as needed to keep them looking good and ready for the next shift.
· When issued a company cell phone there will be an expectation it will be maintained and answered, even during off hours for breaking news coverage and other emergencies.
Other duties and tasks as assigned by station managers
· Good driving record and valid Colorado driver's license. Experience and training in news videography, editing and news.
Other Items to Consider: Must be able to work effectively in fast paced team environment. Must be able to carry 50 lbs. This job is physically demanding and will include driving, lifting, carrying, and walking in all weather conditions.
Please send resumes/demo tapes to:
KRDO NewsChannel 13
Attn: Chief Photographer
399 S. 8th Street
Colorado Springs, CO. 80905
Fax (719) 575-6327
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS
News Channel 13 is an Equal Opportunity Employer