State & Regional News

42-yr-old dies from choking on Voodoo doughnut

DENVER - A 42-year-old man choked to death on a doughnut from Voodoo Doughnuts over the weekend, and now the popular donut shop is suspending its eating challenge. 

Our partners at Denver7 reported that the challenge will be suspended at all of its locations in Denver after Travis Malouff died from what the medical examiner is explaining to be "asphyxia due to obstruction of the airway."

Paramedics were called to Voodoo Doughnuts at  2 a.m. on Sunday but were unable to save him, according to Denver7. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

We are unsure at this time the circumstances surrounding Malouff's death. 


comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • Neighbors say homes shook after Colorado Springs explosion
  • WHY CANT WE FIX THAT- CDOT Safety Assist Patrol
  • Drivers weigh pros, cons of anti-skid mixture in Colorado Springs
  • WATCH:Colorado Springs schools receive threats in wake of Florida shooting