TRINIDAD, Colo. - An investigation is underway after a house exploded in Trinidad.
The explosion happened at a home on Smith Avenue at around 10:16 a.m. Friday morning, the Las Animas County Sheriff's Office confirmed.
Apparently, a gas leak in the basement of the home caused the roof to lift and blow out the east wall.
Investigators believe the gas leak occurred after a partial collapse of the basement wall onto a gas line for the water heater.
Luckily, no one was hurt.
The structure is considered to be a total loss.