COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -

Ten people were evacuated and nearby roads were closed while Colorado Springs firefighters dealt with a Carbon Monoxide leak in southwest downtown.

Firefighters were dispatched to 723 S. Sierra Madre Street Monday morning (4/7/14). A business called Peak Basement Systems is located at that address.

The leak came from a propane powered forklift. Five people were treated for headache and nausea symptoms at the scene.

Firefighters say the business did not have working CO detectors.