The lengthy privacy policies, thick with legalese, that most services use now will never go away, but better controls will probably emerge. Whatever the tools are used to protect and collect personal data in the future, it will be important for companies like Facebook and Google to educate their consumers and to provide them with options for all levels of privacy.
Figuring out the future of online privacy
Experts tackle online privacy issues at RSA security conference
POSTED: 09:45 AM MDT Mar 11, 2013 UPDATED: 03:38 PM MST Mar 01, 2013
- NASA shares image of massive 'Hexagon'
- Reddit to the rescue: Strangers find lost dog
- Amid Mandela tributes, fake quotes creep in
- Someone bought a $100,000 Tesla with Bitcoins
- Ryan Seacrest wants to pimp your iPhone
- Microsoft fights back against NSA 'snooping'
- 2M Facebook, Gmail, Twitter passwords stolen
- Microsoft develops 'smart' bra
- Snapchat ads closer to reality
- Cyber Monday sales surge 20% to record high