The lengthy privacy policies, thick with legalese, that most services use now will never go away, but better controls will probably emerge. Whatever the tools are used to protect and collect personal data in the future, it will be important for companies like Facebook and Google to educate their consumers and to provide them with options for all levels of privacy.
Figuring out the future of online privacy
Experts tackle online privacy issues at RSA security conference
POSTED: 09:45 AM MDT Mar 11, 2013 UPDATED: 03:38 PM MST Mar 01, 2013
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- McCain: 'Why the hell' do iPhone apps need updating?
- Apple grilled about tax havens
- Galaxy S4 is Consumer Reports' top smartphone
- Yahoo rolls out update to make Flickr 'awesome again'
- Yahoo buys Tumblr, promises to not 'screw it up'
- Charge your phone in 20 seconds
- Real-world etiquette for Google Glass
- Google: You'll know when Glass is sketchy
- Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls
- Smell-O-Vision for your phone