(CNN) -- Pointing to "an impermissible legal theory on which the jury based its award," a federal judge on Friday ordered a new trial on key aspects of the legal battle between Samsung and Apple -- in the process, striking more than $450 million that a jury last August ordered Samsung to pay Apple. The jury had awarded Apple a total of more than $1 billion in damages after finding Samsung had copied both the design and software features of the iPhone.
- Ashton Kutcher: 'Media @&$#%! Twitter up'
- Spectacular tech 'firsts' up for auction
- Robot exoskeleton suits to make us superhuman
- Twitter bumps up log-in security after hacks
- J. Lo's new gig: Verizon retailer
- Survey: Teens' enthusiasm for Facebook waning
- How police can find your deleted text messages
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby
- Creator tells us how to pronounce 'GIF'
- Insanely durable smartphone ... from Caterpillar?