The Colorado Springs Fire Department is continuing to assess the damage after Monday afternoon's large structure fire in the southeast side of town that claimed multiple townhomes.
The three-alarm fire was at a townhome complex on Charleston Drive. (MAP) The fire tore through the townhome complex, impacting at least 20 units. The fire is believed to have been caused by a cigarette that was put out in a potted plant that ignited and damaged a natural gas meter, which caused the fire to spread throughout the complex. (PHOTOS)
CSFD said affected residents can go to First Pentecostal Church at 2950 Monica Drive West.