Top Stories

Crews assessing damage from Colorado Springs townhome blaze

The Colorado Springs Fire Department is continuing to assess the damage after Monday afternoon's large structure fire in the southeast side of town that claimed multiple townhomes.

The three-alarm fire was at a townhome complex on Charleston Drive. (MAP)  The fire tore through the townhome complex, impacting at least 20 units. The fire is believed to have been caused by a cigarette that was put out in a potted plant that ignited and damaged a natural gas meter, which caused the fire to spread throughout the complex. (PHOTOS)

CSFD said affected residents can go to First Pentecostal Church at 2950 Monica Drive West.


comments powered by Disqus

Must See Videos

  • Springs Police respond to shooting involving a police officer
  • KRDO Talks: Are our soldiers fit to fight?
  • Woman with no legs conquers Manitou Incline
  • WATCH: State senator clarifies how strike bill would affect teachers
  • Pueblo teachers protest outside school board meeting call out of school