PUEBLO COUNTY, Colo. - Heavy rains Wednesday afternoon and evening led to areas of flooding in the Beulah Valley, forcing the closure of several roads.
National Guard stepped in to help at least seven people evacuate their homes in the Northcreek Road area.
As of 6 p.m. on Thursday night, the Red Cross has closed its evacuation center.
ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION:
- Northcreek Road from Central Avenue to the Pueblo/Custer County Line
- 3R Road at Crow Cutoff
- Red Creek West at the low water crossing
- Red Creek West, one mile east of Siloam Road
- Squirrel Creek Road
- Geronimo Drive at Pine Drive
- Lower entrance to Pueblo Mountain Park Road at Pine Drive
The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office posted photos on Facebook Thursday morning showing that flooding was still occurring.
The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office is asking people in the Beulah area to not drive.
Residents should also find higher ground, if instructed, according to the Pueblo County Sheriff's Office.
Damages have been reported in the Beulah area, including a washed out culvert in the 5400 block of North Creek Road.
Fortunately, no one has been injured.
RELATED STORY: Heavy hail causing traffic troubles on Hwy 78