Date: May 17, 2013
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Position: Promotions Director
KRDO, NewsChannel 13, is looking for a Promotion Director. The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual who will promote the station’s image, programs and community service projects. Candidate will be a creative, enthusiastic individual who writes, produces, and edits hard-hitting news and image marketing spots in a research-driven environment. Candidate will have all the tools and the best research team to help guide them to enhance KRDO’s news market share (on-air and on-line).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and assure the execution of marketing plans designed to increase the audience of company properties in coordination with the General Manager, News Director and other managers and departments.
· Strong understanding and ability to interpret broadcast ratings and station research to create compelling promos. Knowledge of Nielsen and Magid practices preferable.
· Must be hands on manager with technical experience to write, produce promos. Proficiency with field Cameras, Final Cut Pro, Avid Newscutter, ENPS, Photoshop, After Effects, MS Word and PowerPoint.
· Create and manage departmental budgets to assure the efficient and cost effective execution of the marketing plans and company functions.
· Manage the daily broadcast log to ensure best placement of programming, promotions and news topicals.
· Direct the design and creation of logos, slogans and various other branding elements to support the goals of the marketing plans.
· Direct the design and creation of on-air spots, long-form videos, on-line formats, print materials and materials for other media in support of the marketing plans.
· Work closely with News, Sales and other departments as necessary to assure the design and delivery of effective promotional, marketing and sales materials.
· This includes the look, interactivity and suitability to meet the goals of the marketing plans.
· Buy media in various as necessary to support the marketing plans.
· Oversee company sponsorship and involvement in outside events.
· Direct and manage the creative and technical excellence of the department in support of the company goals.
· Other duties as necessary or assigned.
· 5 years experience in creative design media.
· College degree in Media, Marketing or related field.
· Working understanding of all phases of professional design and video/audio production techniques and systems.
· Working understanding of professional management practices.
· Excellent visual and aural design skills.
· Excellent organization and time management skills.