High heating costs leaving you in the cold?Haga clic aquí para leer en español
LEAP can help.
What is LEAP?
LEAP is a program of the Colorado Department of Human Services that provides cash assistance to help hard working Colorado families and individuals pay a portion of winter home heating costs.
Read More: LEAP TO KICK-OFF SEASON, PROVIDING FUNDS TO HELP ELIGIBLE COLORADANS WITH HOME HEATING BILL
Who is eligible for LEAP?
You are eligible for LEAP if:
- • You are a permanent legal resident of the United States and Colorado or you have household members that are
U.S. citizens and you can provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
- • You pay home heating costs to an energy provider, fuel dealer, or as part of your rent.
- • Your gross monthly income does not exceed 150 percent of the federal poverty index.
Your maximum family household income must fall within the guidelines given below during the month you wish to apply. "Household" means people who live with you and for whom you are financially responsible.
For each additional person over 8, $503 can be added to the gross monthly income requirements.
Other benefits for LEAP eligible households may include:
- • Repair or replacement of a home’s primary heating system such
as a furnace or wood-burning stove.
- • Improvements to the energy efficiency in a home.
LEAP accepts applications from November 1 through April 30 of each year.
To get a LEAP application, call (866) HEAT HELP or 1-866-432-8435 or download from www.colorado.gov/cdhs/LEAP.
You can return completed applications as follows:
- • Mail application using postage paid envelope provided.
- • Drop-off at one of the Colorado Springs Utilities payment drop
- • Fax entire application and verification to LEAP at 719-633-9098.
- • Do Not hand deliver to the LEAP office! Applications WILL NOT
be accepted at the LEAP office.
For more information or to request an application:
Call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435) or visit www.colorado.gov/cdhs/leap