BEULAH, Colo. - After Wednesday's storm left many residents rushing from their homes and roadways impassable, Pueblo officials have issued a disaster declaration.
The disaster declaration was issued at 6:32 p.m. due to "the cost and magnitude of responding to and recovery from the impact of the Beulah Flood is far in excess of the County’s available resources," according to a press release the Pueblo County Sheriff's Office sent out on Thursday night.
The storm has left several hundred still without power as of Thursday night.
Several Beulah residents were airlifted from their homes by the Colorado National Guard.
Road closures include:
- Northcreek Road from Central Avenue to the Pueblo/Custer County Line
- 3R Road at Crow Cutoff
- Red Creek West at the low water crossing
- Red Creek West, one mile east of Siloam Road
- Squirrel Creek Road
- Geronimo Drive at Pine Drive
- Lower entrance to Pueblo Mountain Park Road at Pine Drive
For more on the damage in Beulah: