The Colorado Springs Fire Marshal announced burn restrictions in the city limits Friday, one day after El Paso County and Manitou Springs announced their own bans.
The fire department says that the following rules will be in place until further notice:
1. Recreational fires are not allowed. A recreational fire is an outdoor fire for cooking, warmth, religious, or other special purposes that is not contained in a permanent fixture (incinerator, manufactured outdoor fireplace or pit, BBQ grill).
2. Bonfires are not allowed.
3. No smoking in any city parks/open spaces while burn restrictions are in place.
4. Blasting, welding, and torches by permit only.
5. Model rockets by permit only.
6. Open or prescribed burning is not allowed (ditch burning, fires for silviculture, range or wildfire management).