CRIPPLE CREEK, Colo. - A 7-year-old boy might be getting a few extra Christmas presents this year, but he's already earned recognition from the city of Cripple Creek for alerting his parents to a house fire and getting them out safely.
Logan was recognized by the Cripple Creek City Council this week and given a certificate of appreciation for waking his parents up when he saw the fire.
According to the Cripple Creek Fire Department, the fire happened on Oct. 31 in the attic of Logan's Teller County home. Logan saw the smoke while he was taking out the trash, and he ran inside to let his parents know. He then helped get everyone out of the house while firefighters from Cripple Creek and Victor arrived.
CCFD says if it weren't for Logan's early notice, the house could've been a total loss.