Some who are insured by TRICARE can expect to see cost increases in the New Year.
The Air Force Academy announced on Wednesday that there would be significant changes made to multiple plans, and it will directly impact the 9.4 million beneficiaries worldwide, including the Pikes Peak Region.
Some of the changes include:
- Costs will be charged per calendar year, not fiscal year
- An enrollment fee may be assessed depending on when military service began
- New “open enrollment period” will be the only time beneficiaries may change plans except for qualifying life events
- Increases in pharmacy retail and home delivery copayment charges (Feb. 1, 2018)
- Contractor transition from United Healthcare to Health Net Federal Services (HNFS)
TRICARE says the New Year will also bring more access to urgent care, easier communication with doctors through mobile and online apps, and more convenient operations to accommodate work schedules.
The new TRICARE coverage will begin on January 1.
To see if your plan will be impacted, visit the TRICARE website.