Drivers can expect heavy traffic in the high country during spring break season.
The Colorado Department of Transportation has compiled a list of when drivers can expect the heaviest traffic on I-70:
- Friday WB - Heavy traffic beginning mid-Friday afternoon with the peak lasting from 4 pm - 9 pm
- Saturday WB - Heavy delays of up to an hour expected between 6 am - 11 am
- Saturday EB - Moderate traffic, for faster travel times avoid I-70 between 3 pm - 6 pm
- Sunday WB - Peak travel times are 6 am - 10 am, delays may be up to 45 minutes
- Sunday EB - Heaviest weekend traffic expected, peak time is from noon - 6 pm
For a traffic map click here.