As of Wednesday at 12:40 p.m. the following roads are closed:
- A pileup of cars was reported on I-25. Both directions of the interstate are shut down from Woodmen Road to Meadows Parkway.
- Northbound Union closed at Woodmen
- Highway 83 closed in both directions between Walker Road and Hwy 86
- Hwy 24 both directions between Falcon and Limon
- I-70 both directions between Denver and the Kansas border
- I-76 both directions from Denver to Nebraska
- Monarch Pass/Hwy 50 both directions between County Road 237B and Monarch Pk Campground
- US Hwy 285 both directions between Fairplay and the top of Kenosha Pass Milepost 182 to 203
- Hwy 94 both directions between Enoch Rd. and Aroya
- NB Academy from Dublin has all lanes closed
- Woodmen is closed from Marksheffel Road to Falcon
- I-25 between Abbey Road and Brantzwell
- Mesa Road in Fountain was closed as of noon
- Mountain Metro Transit will shut down in Colorado Springs at 1 p.m. Fountain Municipal Transit is shut down as of noon.
The Colorado Department of Transportation says motorists stuck on closed highways won't be able to stay there. CDOT crews and police are working to help move people off the highways and get back to shelter.
As of 8:50 a.m., the City of Colorado Springs was placed on Accident Alert Status. Click here for a Colorado Springs traffic map. El Paso County said at about 11 a.m. that most plows would be parked because of low visibility.
Click here for a list of shelters.